Tuesday, April 17, 2007

THIS IS YOUR NEW FAVORITE BAND

I know I’ve said this many, many, many, many, many times in the past..... But if you haven’t heard of them yet, you must, I repeat, absolutely MUST listen to Thrice’s “Vheissu”. I have to say they are my most favorite band ever..... and if you’ve seen my CD collection, you know that this is one colossal statement.


I’ve been back on my “all the Thrice all the time” listening kick again.... which occurs once every few months.... usually coinciding with a good mood or epiphany of sorts. (see below for epiphany) I may just be a big music dork, or dorkess... if you will... but I think that music can be inspirational... just like art, and poetry and all that good shit. (I never claimed to be good at explaining things... good shit is a valid statement.) I also happen to find this album to be incredibly inspiring.... so if you are in an inspired mood, or want to be in one... maybe you should listen to it.


And it’s not just the music that makes this album good.... albeit the music is phenomenal... the band is a decent group of human beings as well. My interests in this blog topic lead me back to the Thrice website http://www.thrice.net/ .... which I have neglected for so long.... but it was worth the trip. My case in point is has two parts: 1) The concept of their new album(s) that you can read about on the news page.... personally... I find it inspired. And even if you don’t think it inspires you, I think the fact that a group of individuals are working so hard to create something magical for their listeners should. Also, that “Alchemy” section that you have to bypass to get into thrice.net, that is a whole hell of alot of work that they didn’t have to do, but did... cause they are awesome... 2) The rambling section.... I always like a good ramble... and to ramble myself as well. If you read a bit you see that these guys are actual people... and not just people but cool people... that talk about “flying dogs and flying turds” or which superpower they would want..... it is almost “Stuber-esqe” in a way.... (I think the phrase will catch on....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.