Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A bit more perspective...

So my last blog would have led you to believe that I was a changed Brendawg.... but of course things never last for too long and before I knew it I was back to the complaining and bitching about Winterpeg once again. Mainly my complaining had to do with a pretty shitty 4 day work week... primarily due to the fact that Easter weekend was such a good time. Well, and odd time, no... I guess a good time, a great time even.... it was a time nonetheless! It was great to be back in Saskatoon.... I definatly have learned to appreciate where I live and those people who I consider friends... life just isn’t the name without them.
Life is infact quite balls without.
While in Saskatoon for the weekend I had a great epiphany about life that I was going to share with the interweb people.... but then after coming back to Winterpeg it fell by the wayside... and never did see the glorious lights of publication.... how absolutely dreadful. However, now that I’m backed by caffeine and warm weather I think it is time to let this epiphany out into the world for all to hear! Plus, my cold is almost gone so I’m not as much of a space cadet as I have been for the past week.........

Ok, this one involves you as well... you have to put some effort into this bitch too in order to make shit happen. I know that is asking alot of your already overbooked schedule..... but if your reading MY blog how busy is your schedule? Really? That’s right, no excuses there!





Back to my ever fantastic epiphany! Where was I now....... ahh, yes. Think back.....way back..... for you old fogies out there....(yes, fogies)..... Back to the time when you were still too naive to know better.... You there? Around eleventeen or so.... When you actually had “BFF’s” and did silly fortunes to find out about the boy you liked (how nicely that relates to my avid readers!)



Here is the tough part.... negate everything right now except for that eleventeen year old person. At that age.... how did you picture your life now? All the crazy ideas of all the cool things you wanted to do or be or have.......... the “ideal” life that you had for yourself at that age. Come on now.... think about it! We all had that, I can tell you that number one on my list was not being in Yorkton.... but that’s my list....... time to make your list! You don’t have to do an actual list of you don’t want.... but just a mental list of all those things that made you so happy when you thought about the future and how wonderful it was going to be. Sure, we were naive but still....



So now this is the second part of my epiphany..... the “Compare and Contrast” section. From then until now alot of things have changed! So comparing your ideal life at eleventeen and your life now....at first glance it seems a bit pitiful how they compare doesn’t it? Well at least mine does. But here comes the amazing part! At eleventeen did I ever think I was going to be a 23 year old professional with an excellent career path ahead of me? Well, no.... but I did want a motorcycle. Did I think I was going to have half sleeve tattoos? I hoped as such, but I never saw it happening.... and now I do... which is a nice surprise. I did, however, want to play the drums. So now that I think about it... what I have made of myself is so much more than I ever imagined.... and when I first compared the two it seemed so dismal! Basically what it boils down to is those few little changes, or hobbies, or talents that I never got around to..... As my life went on I forgot about those small things that seemed so important when I was younger. So now that we are all happy with how our lives have turned out.... just by thinking of the situation in a different light.... now is when it can get even better!

The bottom line to this epiphany is a challenge. Pick a few of those small things that you wanted as an adolescent, and do them. Sure, it might be hard to learn a new skill, or you don’t have the time, or it’ll look silly because your an old fogie....but that’s why they call it a challenge. You can even pick some easy ones if you want.... but there definatly has to be the important ones in there too.

So now that you’ve got your task at hand..... And you’ve read through all of this babbling shit, you might as well do it! I’ll even give you the whole summer. A whole goddamn summer to fit a few simple things in and amongst your “demanding” schedule.....what could it hurt?

So there you go my bizatch’s, go and spread the word of brendawg like the mutherfuckin plague! And also, feel free to comment on what you wanted to be.... and how stupid my posts are..... whatever tickles your fancy.





(Yes, I had a mullet..... that’s why they are back in fashion now.... because I’m awsome.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Killer shoes Mullet girl!!
Just Kidding! Your writing is damn fine !